Former Presidential aide and public figure, Reno Omokri has reacted to a publication alleging that he abandoned his legally married wife, Tope Omokri for his UK-based lover.
The news started trending, with people accusing Reno of being a hypocrite who doesn’t practice what he preaches. According to the viral report, Reno abandoned his wife of 14years and his unidentified UK lover recently bore him a child whom he named after his former boss, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
Reno in a facebook post, addressed the rumors, calling the reports “false” and was started because he declared his intention to convene a #HarassBuhariOutofParis peaceful protest. He accused President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration of orchestrating the news to distract him from his planned #HarassBuhariOutOfParis protest scheduled to hold at the Africa-France summit.
He wrote on Facebook:
“Yesterday (Sunday, May 16, 2021), I declared my intention to convene a #HarassBuhariOutofParis peaceful protest, between Monday, May 17, 2021 and Tuesday, May 18, 2021, and this morning we woke up to a salacious and scandalous story about me, that I will not even want to repeat.
A Nigerian proverb says the bird flew at night, and the baby died in the morning. The story is false. If you look at the platform that originally carried the story, it becomes obvious that it is being sponsored by the Presidency, to distract me from going to Paris, because they know that the Africa-France summit is an international platform and any protest will highlight the failures of General Muhammadu Buhari.
That platform is notorious for pro-government stories. I am not the first perceived opponent of the Buhari administration to be targeted by them, neither will I be the last. You only need to visit the site. I have never and can never engage in premarital or extramarital sex. I abhor it. God forbid!
I am so loathe to even respond to such a malicious attack on me by the Buhari administration. And I will not be baited to talk about private family issues publicly. Suffice to say that I have never had, and will never have a child out of wedlock.
To me, it is best ignored because the devil is a known liar, and that is who has inspired those behind this story. Nobody can break my focus. After we are done with the Paris protest, my lawyers and I will sit down to decide if and when we should sue.
Not minding his response and reactions, the News publication insisted on their story of Reno’s outright deceit and secrecy. The publication released the transcript of an interview they claim they did with Reno’s wife, Tuokpe, in which she said she is not the mother of Reno’s newborn daughter.
Well, Reno took to Twitter to also ask a follower of his who retweeted The Will’s report to delete it from his timeline. “Please delete it. Don’t propagate their lies on my TL,” Reno wrote.
And The Will responded: “We stand by our story. It is accurate and factual. Your new baby is not from Tope, your wife. We await a formal rebuttal and we will respond. Liar.”
Meanwhile, Nigerians have digged out photo of Reno with his ‘wife’ at his child’s dedication and compared it with other photos of his wife. The photo was shared earlier this month by ThisDay newspaper and Reno reshared it and wrote: “Thank you ThisDay for featuring my wife and I, with our daughter, Weyinmi Ebele, on our baby dedication.”
While some Nigerians say the woman looks like Reno’s wife, Tope, others say the woman who welcomed Reno’s 4th child is different and looks Ethiopian.